With the increased globalization of the industry, the focus on safety in hazardous areas are rapidly growing. The project owners require documented competence and systems from all stake holders in the projects to maintain the Ex-safety. IECEx is an acknowledged global provider of conformity assessments for equipment and work in hazardous areas. More and more the project owners require IECEx certification, because the IECEx system is accepted basically all over the world.
IECEx 03-4 Certified Service Facility scheme, program 4: Inspection and maintenance according to IEC 60079-17 and IEC 60079-14 provides Ex equipment users, regulators and the community with the confidence that Ex safety is maintained when Ex equipment is inspected or maintained, by an IECEx certified service facility in accordance with this scheme.
The IECEx certified service facility scheme is based on quality assurance management and attests that the certified facility or organization has an independently confirmed ability to provide an expected level of service with an appropriate level of competence.
The critical element of the IECEx certified service facilities scheme is initial and periodic audits by an IECEx certification body that has been accepted and authorized to issue IECEx certificates to service facilities. The purpose of these management system audits is to ensure that services offered and delivered under the banner of IECEx certification always continue to comply with IECEx requirements and those of the relevant IEC International Standards.
• IECEx Guide 03A, Guidance for Applications from Service Facilities seeking IECEx Certification
• IECEx 03-4, IECEx certified service facilities scheme – Part 4: Ex inspection and maintenance – Rules of procedure
• IECEx OD 314-4, Quality Management System requirements for IECEx Service Facilities providing Ex installations related services. Part 4: Ex inspection and maintenance
• IEC 60079-17: Visual, close, detailed inspection and maintenance
• IEC 60079-14: Electrical installations design, selection and erection
• ISO/IEC 17065: Conformity assessment — Requirements for bodies certifying products, processes and services
At Capeserve we provide consultancy services to our client, complete with a gap analysis which allows the client to understands the technical and compliance requirements of the IECEx certified service facility scheme.
CAPESERVE ENERGY SDN. BHD. [201701019125 (1233290-M)]
D-06-05, Block D, Level 6,
Sky Park, One City, Jalan USJ 25/1,
47650 Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.
CAPES ENGINEERING PTE. LTD.
100 Peck Seah Street #08-14 PS100
Capeserve ME FZCO
Office no:142, DTEC Technohub
Dubai Silicon Oasis