Under ATEX 2014/34/EU, the approach for Mechanical (Non-Electrical) Equipment varies from the conformity assessment route for Electrical Equipment. Since 2016, it is also possible to perform evaluation and certification under the IECEx Scheme, with the recent ExMC 15 decision and publication of the ISO/EN 80079-36 and 80079-37 standards.
The Ignition Hazard Assessment covers Normal Operation as well as Expected Malfunction and Rare Malfunction. Following identification of the equipment risks, it is necessary to implement migratory measures or prevent ignition by applying recognised protection concepts to the ignition sources (such as those detailed in EN 13463 series and ISO/EN 80079-37.) The zone of intended use defines the extent to which malfunctions should be controlled.
The ignition hazard assessment procedure can be divided into the following steps:
• Identification of ignition hazards (analysis of the ignition hazards and their causes),
• Preliminary ignition hazard estimation and evaluation (estimation of the ignition hazards determined in step 1 regarding the frequency of their occurrence and comparison with the target EPL),
• Determination of measures (determination of protective measures, if necessary, to reduce the likelihood of an ignition hazard according to step 2),
• Finally, ignition hazard estimation and categorisation (estimation of the ignition hazards regarding the frequency of occurrence after including protective measures determined in step 3),
• Determination of the EPL.
At Capeserve Energy provides Ignition Hazard Risk Assessment Services for Non-Electrical (Mechanical) equipment as per EN 13463-1 or IEC 80079-36 standard. Our consultants are IECEx CoPC certified professionals having vast experience in Ignition Hazard Risk Assessment studies for equipment, packages, systems and facilities.
CAPESERVE ENERGY SDN. BHD. [201701019125 (1233290-M)]
D-06-05, Block D, Level 6,
Sky Park, One City, Jalan USJ 25/1,
47650 Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.
CAPES ENGINEERING PTE. LTD.
100 Peck Seah Street #08-14 PS100
Capeserve ME FZCO
Office no:142, DTEC Technohub
Dubai Silicon Oasis