Equipment intended to be used in explosive atmospheres must conform to industry requirements and regulations. IECEx equipment certification refers to assessing and testing the construction of products required to be certified under the IECEx Equipment Certification Scheme.
The IECEx Certified Equipment Scheme provides fast track access to international trade in equipment and services for use in explosive atmospheres while maintaining the required level of safety.
The objective of the IECEx schemes are:
• IEC 60079-0 Part 0: General requirements
• IEC 60079-1 Part 1: Flameproof enclosures ‘d’
• IEC 60079-2 Part 2: Pressurized enclosures ‘p’
• IEC 60079-7 Part 7: Increased safety ‘e’
• IEC 60079-11 Part 11: Intrinsic safety ‘i’
• IEC 60079-18 Part 18: Construction, test and marking of type of protection encapsulation ‘m’ electrical apparatus
At Capeserve we provide consultancy services to our client, complete with a gap analysis which allows the client to understands the technical and compliance requirements of the IECEx Equipment certification scheme.