Equipment assemblies and skid packages used in explosive atmospheres must receive IECEx certification for electrical and mechanical features.
IEC TS 60079-46 defines an equipment assembly as a pre-manufactured combination of Ex equipment comprising many items of equipment. These individual items are then integrated as part of the equipment assembly.
IECEx IEC/TS 60079-46 specifies requirements for the design, construction, assembly, testing, inspection, marking, and documentation of individual items that comprise the assembly.
• IEC 60079-0 requirements -Explosive atmospheres – Part 0: Equipment – General
• IEC TS 60079-46 – Explosive atmospheres – Part 46: Equipment assemblies
• ISO 800079-36 – Explosive atmospheres – Part 36: Non-electrical equipment for explosive atmospheres – Basic method and requirements
• ISO 800079-37 – Explosive atmospheres – Part 37: Non-electrical equipment for explosive atmospheres — Non-electrical type of protection constructional safety ”c”, control of ignition sources ”b”, liquid immersion ”k”
• IEC 6079-14 – Explosive atmospheres – Part 14: Electrical installations design, selection and erection
• Comment: We must also be able to demonstrate staff competence within this standard
At Capeserve we provide consultancy services to our client, complete with a gap analysis which allows the client to understands the technical and compliance requirements of the IECEx assembly certification.
CAPESERVE ENERGY SDN. BHD. [201701019125 (1233290-M)]
D-06-05, Block D, Level 6,
Sky Park, One City, Jalan USJ 25/1,
47650 Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.
CAPES ENGINEERING PTE. LTD.
100 Peck Seah Street #08-14 PS100
Capeserve ME FZCO
Office no:142, DTEC Technohub
Dubai Silicon Oasis