Capeserve Energy XBMS (Explosion Proof Battery Management System) integrates seamlessly with PowerShield 8’s resilient hardware devices, providing a dependable solution for monitoring and collecting battery data. Designed to meet the stringent flameproof Ex technique outlined in ATEX directives and the IECEx equipment certification scheme, our hardware devices are strategically installed in battery rooms and hazardous areas. This professional-grade solution ensures reliable data acquisition while offering intelligent software dashboards for comprehensive visualization.
Lead Acid and Nickel Cadmium batteries generate flammable hydrogen gas during the charging process. Various factors, including overcharging and excessive heat, can accelerate hydrogen production, leading to an elevated fire risk, explosion, and material deterioration.
In instances where ventilation within the battery room is inadequate, there exists likelihood of hydrogen accumulation. Adhering to the guidelines specified in the IEC60079-10-1 standard, the battery area is categorized as either Zone 1 or Zone 2 IIC T3. Consequently, all equipment installed in the battery room must be designed to meet the minimum requirements of IIC T3 as outlined in the IEC60079-14 standard
XBMS (Explosion Proof Battery Management System) Features
- Suitable for Zone 1 or Zone 2 IIC T6 hazardous area
- XBMS components Sensor, Hub and CT installed in battery room are Ex certified.
- Optional Ex Controller for hazardous area
- All sensor leads, cables, BBus interface, CAT6 cables are meeting IEC60079-14 cable requirement.
- Site installation work and time saving due to all cable glands & termination done at factory.
- ATEX and IECEx Certification – Component level
- ATEX & IECEx Certification – System Level